Crimson Aquatics Travel Code of Conduct
- Additional guidelines to be established as needed by the coaches;
- Respect the privacy of each other;
- Must wear seat belts and remain seated in vehicles;
- Be quiet and respect the rights of teammates and others in hotel;
- Be prompt and on time;
- Cell phones may not be used during the meet and after lights-out;
- Computers may not be used after lights-out;
- Respect travel vehicles;
- Only Crimson Aquatics team apparel is allowed;
- Use appropriate behavior in public facilities;
- Curfews – in own rooms at 9:30 PM and lights out at 10 PM, or as announced;
- Must stay in assigned hotel room;
- Needs and well being of the team and teammates come first.
- No room service without permission;
- Swimmers responsible for all incidental charges;
- Swimmers responsible for any damages or thievery at hotel;
- Must participate in contracted group meals;
- Must pay account balance before trip begins.
- Team members will display proper respect and sportsmanship toward coaches, officials, administrators, teammates, fellow competitors and the public at all times.
- Team members and staff will refrain from any illegal or inappropriate behavior that would detract from a positive image of the team or be detrimental to its performance objectives.
- The possession or use of alcohol or tobacco products by any athlete is prohibited.
- The possession, use, or sale/distribution of any controlled or illegal substance or any form of weapon is strictly forbidden.
- No “deck changes” are permitted. Athletes are expected to use available change facilities.
- Team members are reminded that when competing in meets, traveling on trips, and attending other meet-related functions, they are representing both themselves and Crimson Aquatics. Athlete behavior must positively reflect the high standards of the club.
Failure to comply with the Code as set forth in this document may result in disciplinary action. Such discipline may include, but may not be limited to:
- Dismissal from the trip and immediate return home at the athlete’s expense;
- Disqualification from one or more events, or all events of competition;
- Disqualification from future team travel meets;
- Financial penalties;
- Dismissal from the team; and/or
- Proceedings for a LSC or USA Swimming National Board of Review.